In this post, you’ll discover multiple ways to fix dns probe finished no internet mac that works in 2021. Whether the error is occurring on MacBook Air, Pro, or any similar Apple product, this guide will help. Also, we have already discussed solving a similar problem in Windows 10 here. There’s also a bonus solution for MAC in the FAQ section below, so keep reading till the end for more information.
How to fix dns probe finished no internet mac
In most cases, the dns_probe_finished_no_internet error occurs when the default domain name system addresses are misconfigured on your computer. Some other cause might include:
- Wrong date and time settings.
- Incompatible browser.
- Antivirus, Firewall, and related security system preventing the connection.
- ISP or router problem.
- Outdated drivers.
These types of errors can also occur in PlayStation. So, before we start troubleshooting our PC, please make sure that are not any internet wires or cables cut or damaged. Also, check that your ISP account is working perfectly without any limitations.
1. Modify TCP/IP settings
- First, launch the ‘Spotlight Search’ and open ‘System Preferences’.
- Then, go to Network > Wifi Connection > Advanced.
- Click on the TCP/IP tab.
- Select the dropdown list found next to ‘Configure IPv4’.
- Choose ‘Using DHCP’.
- Switch to the DNS tab and delete all the available addresses.
- Now, disconnect and reconnect your wifi network without closing the settings.
- Enter the TCP/IP tab again and click on ‘Renew DHCP Lease’.
- Finally, restart your PC.
This is one of the common ways to fix DNS probe finished no internet in mac. You’d also want to check dns solution for android.
2. Add custom DNS addresses
- Launch the System Menu and go to system preferences.
- Click on Network and select Advanced.
- Go to the ‘DNS’ tab.
- Click the plus button (+) available just before ‘IPv4 or IPv6 addresses.
- Now, enter any of the primary and secondary DNS addresses freely available on the internet (one listed below as you read).
- Save the settings.
- On the same tab, click on the plus sign under ‘Search Domain’.
- Type in a domain address such as ‘google .com’ or any other without spaces or hyphen.
- Finally, click on ‘Ok’ to end the process.
Below is the public Google DNS addresses that you can use:
- Primary: 126.96.36.199
- Secondary: 188.8.131.52
Similar article: methods to fix dns server isn’t responding on windows 10
3. Update Mac Network Drivers
Warning: Only perform this step at your own risk when all of the above solutions fail to work.
For this step, you need to download ethernet drivers for mac from another computer and transfer the file into the affected PC using a pen drive or data cable. Once the files are downloaded and successfully copied, double click on the ‘EthernetUpdatePan.dmg’ file. Then, keep following the on-screen instructions by pressing the continue button and install the drivers. Insert PC password if prompted.
Note: This fix should be applied when you are 100% sure that the drivers are out of date and the previous settings are configured properly. Performing this should be your last option when flushing DNS does not works (described below).
We can fix that by modifying TCP/IP and enabling DHCP on our Apple Macbook products. Plus, we can add custom DNS addresses or update mac network drivers.
It means that either your PC’s DNS settings are wrongly configured or your drivers are outdated, preventing connection to the web page server for downloading resources on your computer.
First of all, open the terminal.app using the spotlight search. Then, execute this command on the console without the hyphens: ‘sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder’. Enter the administrator password to flush DNS on MAC.
Flushing DNS will clear away every DNS cache including the outdated and corrupt IP addresses that are stored on your computer’s DNS cache. It is important to flush DNS timely to prevent spoofing and to browse the internet smoothly if you are having trouble accessing it.
Read our fix for Linux users.
In this way, we can fix dns probe finished no internet mac error in four different ways. Moreover, even if the last solution i.e. updating drivers after flushing DNS does not works, then there’re chances of being corrupt hardware or OS software. In that case, you need to take your PC to a nearby MacOS repair center. However, the above first or second solution should work for your Macbook. Now, if you are able to fix DNS error, as your turn, tell us in the comments which step worked for you? See ya. 🙂
Hello there. My name is Kiran & I’m a former law student and currently a batch holder of the BSC CSIT faculty. I love developing websites & I’m also the founder of aim4slam.com educational portal. I hope you’ll enjoy the content published here at “Aim4Slam” and find it helpful. Thank you for visiting my website.