We have shared multiple ways to fix dns _probe errors on Windows 10, Apple Macbook, and android devices already. This is a quick fix to dns probe finished no internet ubuntu as well as Linux operating system to get the internet connection working again. As mentioned in our previous articles, this error is concerned with the internet connection and domain name system that are particularly the IP addresses of the server where the contents of a web element are stored.
However, in this article, we’ll not go deep into the rocket science of how DNS errors happen, as we have already published a lot of information about that on our website. If you want to learn more about such Domain Name Systems error, check out our dedicated page for it. So, without wasting time, let’s get started.
How to fix DNS probe finished no internet ubuntu
Below are the steps to solve dns_probe_finished_no_internet in Ubuntu or Linux computers.
- Press the hotkeys CTRL + ALT + T that will open up the terminal console.
- Once the terminal is open, type the command ‘cd / etc’ without inverted commas and press enter.
- It will now display a long list of commands. Scroll up and select ‘sudo nano resolv.conf ‘.
- Highlight that command using mouse and right-click.
- Select ‘Copy’.
- Paste the command on the terminal and press enter.
- Type your password if the console prompts.
- In the next screen, put your mouse cursor just before nameservers and add a hashtag sign (#). Adding a hash at the beginning will convert the default value into comments that the system ignores.
- Go to the end of the nameserver address and press enter to break a line.
- Now type this command and press enter: nameserver 188.8.131.52.8
- Again, add this line: nameserver 184.108.40.206
- Press enter again & confirm the activity by pressing Y on the keyboard.
- Now, restart your network connection by executing this command on the terminal: sudo service network-manager restart
- methods to fix dns probe on android
- solution to dns not responding on windows 10
- PS4 Solution to DNS
This process will modify the DNS nameservers for WiFi and the network will reset. A few moments later, you will see a message on the upper right corner of the screen that says ‘Connection Established’. To verify that the internet is working properly, just open a browser and type projectgopc.com and it should work properly.
In this way, we can fix dns probe finished no internet ubuntu issue using terminal commands that modifies DNS address and restarts the connection. In some cases, the issue is caused by a broken internet cable, expired network account, or connection cut intentionally by the service provider. Therefore, if the problem still persists after performing the above steps, it is better to contact your Internet Service Provider and ask them to fix the connection.
Anyways, did this tutorial help you to fix DNS errors on Linux or Ubuntu PC? If not, how did you manage to solve it? Tell us in the comments below so that our future readers shall take advantage of it and fix their computer problems as well. [See you]
For MacBook users, click here.
Hello there. My name is Kiran & I’m a former law student and currently a batch holder of the BSC CSIT faculty. I love developing websites & I’m also the founder of aim4slam.com educational portal. I hope you’ll enjoy the content published here at “Aim4Slam” and find it helpful. Thank you for visiting my website.